Sunday, July 7, 2013

What a Year!: Summer 2012 in Iowa

Last summer, I was so grateful to be home for a short period of time! I spent most of the summer working at Gap, but I did have vacation in St. Louis with Mr. Himes, where he got down on one knee and proposed! In case you were wondering, it happened at the Missouri Botanical gardens... He'd been faking me out all day, stopping me in beautiful places to "take a minute," and we were about to leave when we stopped by the Ottoman Garden exhibit. It was 99 degrees outside and I, exhausted from a full day of wandering/sight-seeing in the heat, slumped down in the throne in front of this fountain:


At that point, I didn't think he was EVER going to pop the question! But, lo and behold, he got down on one knee and gave me the most beautiful speech ever (I may have teared up a bit), pulled a box out of his pocket, and put a ring on my finger while I said "yes" a few dozen times.


Read on to see more photos from our awesome St. Louis vacation!



Union Station


The City Museum



The Missouri Botanical Gardens




No comments:

Post a Comment