Sunday, July 7, 2013

Onward and Upward...

Thane and I just put down a lease on a beautiful townhome in Urbandale. I won't lie, I'm probably most excited to finally have a porch and a yard! I'm already planning my herb garden, haha. Our landlord is the kindest, most wonderful woman ever (she's a foster mother and a grade-school teacher in the area), and she's allowing us to really make the space our own. We're even allowed to paint if we want! Oh my goodness, I'm already planning the color schemes... We're both searching for jobs, and I had my third interview for a full-time position at J. Crew last week. I called on Friday, and they said that they were just waiting for the background check to come through at this point and hope to make me an offer early this week! I'm so excited. I would be in charge of operations for the store, as well as some selling and visuals/merchandising for the men's and Crew Cuts departments. Thane is looking for positions in PR and social media, and has had some luck with interviews this past month. Our townhome has two bedrooms, one of which we'll be turning into an office space for our personal projects. Personally, I'll finally be starting my own line! My concept is higher-end women's plus-size day and evening wear for a younger, trend-ready customer. Think J. Crew or Anthropologie (in quality and, to a certain extent, aesthetic), but for sizes 12 to 22. In the coming months, I'll post more about my process and hopefully get some work up on Etsy. For now, feel free to browse my website, Amanda Lynne Designs , for estimates on freelance opportunities in apparel and advertising.


An exterior view of our new home!


My mood board for my Fall 2014 line!

More to come soon!
Yours,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment