Sunday, July 7, 2013

What A Year!: Design Internship in New York City!

One of the most amazing things I had the opportunity to take part in last year was, hands down, my internship in New York City. I worked as a Creative Design intern at Nanette Lepore (www.nanettelepore.com), a New York based company that does 90% of its production in New York. I made amazing friends and learned SO MUCH. On a day-to-day basis, I did everything from hand-beading and dyeing fabrics to sourcing materials (beads, elastic, trims) and picking up fabric samples from local vendors. Nanette was always on the design floor and I worked and spoke with her a few times, but the majority of my work occurred with the other designers. My first week out in New York was during Fashion Week, so I even worked at the show! It was so fun to go backstage again in another city!






One of my jobs included hand-sewing silk appliques onto tops for the show-room.



I also worked on beading this hand-bag for the CFDA Auction my last week in New York.


\

Most of the time, I worked on hand-beading 13 tops for the showrooms all over the world.


Read on for more amazing New York photos!




Shopping at the street fairs!


One day, we decided to take a scavenger hunt through SoHo. We found this gem of a hidden museum!



Food and wine at Eataly. SO GOOD.


Of course we had to stop by the New York Library :)


Times Square!


Mmm, Dylan's Candy Bar. The drinks were excellent... The candy? Not so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment